Monday 28 March 2016

A Tale In The Sting: Consideration of Literary Piece

Now that things are a little bit more organized, it is time to pick a book that I shall explore and depict visually in my own interpretation. When it comes to literature I'm quite certain which genres I mostly adore, and due to this, the brainstorming was not that difficult since I rounded up most books that I've read or am willing to read, most of which are by the authors of books I have already read. Beginning with existentialism as the main concept of the cloudy brainstorm, I jotted down books that tackle notions of existentialism, be they absurdist or even nihilistic, all with the desire to try and represent these literary tones through stop-motion animation and a dark visual atmospheric undertone - something I have fitted to my style of animating. While choosing which book to animate, I kept one thing in mind, one that is adhering to the module's specifications: if the book has a movie adaptation, my animation must not reflect the original. Even so, I chose Waiting for Godot because of a brisk idea I got while considering which book to chose - the title sequence is to reflect the moments before the intro act, something omitted from the obscurity of the play based on my interpretation of the play. Since Waiting for Godot has had several movie adaptations and even more so interpretations by loads and loads of critics, I decided to create a new notion which has not been introduced in any of the films, which are the vague moments before the play's intro act begins - how did the characters get there? Furthermore, I watched the title sequences of the 2001 "Waiting for Godot", directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg, as well as several other sequences presented on the website The Art of The Title, all of which helped me in visualizing the layout placement of the titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment