Saturday 14 November 2015

The Other Side - Developmental Stages: Mood Boards

Mood Boards are assemblages of images, materials, pictures, and text which present a certain project's style or concept by displaying its visual elements. As a part of the developmental process, whilst drawing the multiple possible designs for my characters and background scenery, I compiled a mood board which is to present the different elements within the animation. Furthermore, in contrast to what other mood boards might present (which is the tone of the animation, among many factors), my mood board consists of the different styles that inspired the creation of my own, as well as the character elements of my future animation. For example, there is a drawing of sharp teeth on my mood board which is similar to my design of the dragon in the animation (for relevance, check my blog post on character design). Thus, with this mood board I wanted to present the elements more than I did the tone of the animation, for the tone itself is quite arbitrary and whimsical - wacky, to say the least. Finally, with one of Terry Gilliam's cut-out elements I wanted to present the juxtaposed styles of animation I shall use while animating, one being the 2D drawn (which is something I haven't quite done previously) and the other being the computer-style cut-out of the Ketchup Construct that is to hit the main character, changing his direction of movement. By the end of this entire project, my purpose is to gain a more profound experience with 2D drawn animation, as that will further develop my eclectic skills as an animator.

No comments:

Post a Comment