Friday 13 November 2015

The Other Side - Developmental Stages: Dismissed Idea

Inevitably, out of the two storyboards I had to pick one idea and progress with it. Unless I wanted to complicate matters by animating BOTH ideas... not happening. Thus, I chose the Concept of Wonder, and dismissed the Concept of Suicide for several reasons, both technical and practical. The Concept of Suicide was supposed to be supported by background music (Morphine's "The Other Side", as convenient as it sounds), which simplified the total process by eliminating the hardship of assembling a myriad of sound effects. However, by using the soundtrack I assume that I have copyrights for the music, which I don't due to the fact that I'm not well informed on how Morphine handles their copyright legislations, and I didn't want to stumble upon unexpected problems. Which brings me to my next reason: the lack of animation. For the majority of the animation the main character's soul would cruise around an ambiguous space in a simple form, which eliminates my portrayal of animation techniques - something that might have jeopardized my final grade in terms of the animation. Additionally, I wasn't satisfied with the designes I made for the story, shedding some light on necessary improvement. Lastly, I dismissed the idea because I personally believe it to be too depressive... why not flabbergast the audience with a small level of whimsicality? It's something the Concept of Wonder should do, effectively, as now I progress into assembling a mood board to better assist me with the style of the animation, as well as character and background desings.

No comments:

Post a Comment