Saturday 28 November 2015

Set, Series, Sequence: Ideas and Style of Approach

Now comes a new module, Visual Language, which is solely oriented on developing one's drawing skills, be they observational or pulled out of their minds. The first study task, whimsically named "Set, Series, Sequence" is an orderly, organized, but amusing project where we are assigned a word and are expected to let our imaginations flow freely and draw anything and everything associated with that word. For a more ironic sake, I got the word "broccoli"... rough. However, I immediately started plotting ideas, associating broccoli with what it resembles, and which notion it carries in society. I wrote down all initial ideas that sparked in my head in my sketchbook and drew a symbol next to them as to not forget the essence of the drawing. Plus, I devised a method of approach for this project, which is draw all images on A5 paper, but trying different styles with different tools in every one (one with charcoal, one with pastel, etc...). I believe firmly that this project will help me develop not only my signature drawing style, but also get to know different methods of drawing, sketching, and painting, which helps create variety in one's art (no one wants to be a monochrome square).

No comments:

Post a Comment