Tuesday 3 November 2015

Animation Project: Theme of Surprise Storyboard Development

Incomplete Storyboard
Alas, submission term dates are approaching, and we are tidying up our work. Our final Studio Brief of our module Animation Skills required us to create a 5 - 10 second animation that explores one of the following themes: Surprise, Lateness, Love, Hate, Longing, Happiness, or Fear. During the initial stages of our brief, we were to generate ideas and articulate them through developmental work of storyboards, as all films/animations are properly scripted with an organized idea of how the final work is supposed to look like. Initially, during the very first hours of the introductory briefing, my mind was stumped; I was having a lack of inspiration. I settled with the concept of Love, and even had a general visualization of the plot, however, due to the fact that it had been too complex and vague in communication, I disregarded the idea and went on for a new one (this can be seen in my sketchbook). Surprise, I said, I'd love to create a bombshell cartoonish skit and crush everyone's expectations. Thus, I devised a storyboard that meticulously elaborates upon my visualization of the project; a still shot of building tension and anticipation, utilizing several of the 12 Principles of Animation, and then all being shockingly broken! The storyboard says it all.

The final storyboard, which the animation is based on

No comments:

Post a Comment