Saturday 28 November 2015

Set, Series, Sequence: Initial Re-Drawing of Broccoli

First off, before settling in to assign different styles to different ideas, I had to envision broccoli and how it is to be drawn. Personally, I haven't had my fair share of broccoli, and if I were to draw it directly from the images of the vegetable in my mind, I'd just draw a tree and color it differently. However, the trick is to draw it without color, get the contours right, so that when someone sees it identifies it as broccoli, and not a tree. Luckily, Google Images are a plentiful source of how broccoli looks like accurately, and I used all sorts of pictures (from broccoli clip-arts to the real deal) to serve as my "muse" of drawing a chunk of broccoli. Incipiently, I shall draw broccoli in a graphic ink-pen style with a combined sense of realism and cartoon-visuals. Nevertheless, soon I shall start doing color and experiment with styles I have yet to accustom to, because that's how we practice, right?

Image I used for re-drawing broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment