Friday 15 January 2016

The Other Side - Final

The animation is done! Overall, I did achieve my desired goal in several ways. According to comments by peers and acquaintances who watched my animation, I was told that the tone of the animation was atmospherically eerie, and that it even presented a relevant level of symbolism, several people having a different interpretation of the succinct meaning. For example, one friend of mine pointed out that it portrays how my other side is the nostalgia towards my home country, how I am desperately striving to come home, inadvertantly getting crushed once I get there realizing that it's in ruin (in terms of political, cultural, and social structures). Nevertheless, the atmosphere got defined just as I intended it to be: ambiguous and other-worldly. My animation turned out quite flexible and smooth hence I did not do it in doubles (except for the idle character movement and the charge before jumping cloud from cloud).


No comments:

Post a Comment