Tuesday 5 January 2016

Captain Character: Dynamic Poses

To put Edrik's expressions and structure into perspective, I had to draw him in various poses from different angles. To do this effectively, I drew his posture and basic shapes with a pencil, and then followed with a drawliner as to evade any possible mistakes. However, I also thought that this would be a good moment to practice drawing Edrik without using the rubric reference for his size. Drawing him like this would give me solid control over the character and shall help me draw him quicker in numbers, as animators do. I also attempted at drawing Edrik's poses in various sizes, not all of them uniform just to practice the scale of him. I firmly believe that with these drawings I shall get the technique required to mimic 3D in 2D, as without that concept animations would be less dynamic and a little bit static - not lively as cartoons are!

No comments:

Post a Comment