Sunday 10 January 2016

Captain Character: Color Chrome


Once I did variations of my characters positioning (T-Pose, 2/3, Front, etc...), I started thinking about color. One of my aims was to use selective coloring to emphasize Edrik's flamboyant and eccentric nature, to make him appear even more vivacious in terms of exuberance. Firstly, I used complementary patterns to create three chromatics of basic color with watercolors, all varying in aesthetic, just so I could see which combinations of colors would suit him the best. In order to get an accurate choice, I also asked fellow peers to pick one of them, whichever looked the best in their opinion. For example, one peer explained that the middle chrome, a combination of orange, red, and greed, would be the best hence the colors are warm and give off a bigger level of vibrance when met with the eye, perfectly portraying the character's metrosexual and eccentric traits. Upon further consideration, I picked that chrome and started using variations and shades of the color pattern to elaborate on Edrik digitally. Also made 3 variations, I am mostly satisfied by the first one, hence I think that the colors are bright enough, but also dim enough,a perfect balance of extravagance and radiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment