Saturday 2 January 2016

Captain Character: T-Pose and 2/3



With Edrik being chosen as my fabled creation, I had to start viewing him from perspective. Ergo, as a part of our task we are to position our character in a T-Pose and a 2/3 exposure pose to validate his/her 3D existence and dynamic, and to practice our execution of Solid Drawing. Personally, I have not quite practiced character dynamic over the years (with being a stop-motion animator and all), and have had difficulties trying to make characters being viewed from different angles other than the initial one I have/had drawn (if I were to try, the character would be inconsistent). While drawing Edrik's front t-pose, I had no difficulties, however it took me a while to compile the basic shapes of my character, for I would use them for every next drawing of Edrik as a reference. Furthermore, I defined the size of my character mathematically by measuring the distance in between his head, torso, legs, knees, etc, hence with this I would not mistakenly resize any of his body parts. By identifying the basic shapes of a character's figure, one learns consistent design and accuracy in size, and by doing so, I was able to draw a 2/3 of Edrik with a steady appearance in reference to the t-pose by referring to the basic shapes. However, I drew the 2/3 pose from a perspective above the center of my character, as his feet do not meet the bottom line of the measurement. Alas, it's all practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment