Tuesday 2 February 2016

You Spin Me Right Round: Photographic Reference

Now things got a little harder. As I have mentioned before, I am still practicing Solid Drawing, as it is quite difficult for me to accurately present a 2D character's 3D dynamic. But at what a right time did this study task show up to better my drawing practice for my future projects and animations. As many animators use references which guide their drawing practice, I chose to do so for this task, as well. Given my character's basic humanoid form, I used a small wooden mannequin for a reference to every 12 frames that I must draw, taking an individual photograph of every pose I need to draw my character in just in case I am not able to position him again, or if my mannequin is to break (accidents happen). By using the mannequin, along with my character's basic shapes drawn according to my measured rubric of Edrik's size, I was able to maintain the consistency of my character's proportions. By using a light box, I placed the rubric sheet below the basic shape sheet, which was below every individual frame I drew. In order to simplify things, I first drew every 90 degree angle of my character, and proceeded on using them along with the mannequin and rubric for every frame in between. Furthermore, I measured the diameter of my character's hands (as he spins in a T-Pose) and used the measure for the same inverted position.




No comments:

Post a Comment