Tuesday 9 February 2016

Environmental Storytelling - Method of Approach

Being able to craft a background that is able to tell a story on its own is one of the plentiful skills an animator may possess to solidify his/her visual rhetoric. This study task will effectively develop our storytelling skill as animators as we identify, reference, and create spaces which can be used for animation. As I've stated many times before, I value organization when it comes to tackling a task at hand, thus, I've thought and created a plan on how to execute this task efficiently. Firstly, I will explore Leeds and visit many spaces throughout the town while sketching out several key elements of every space in order to remember them. After I have visited a plethora of exterior and interior spaces, I will visit them once more to draw more detailed quick sketches of different perspectives (one front, one 2/3 perhaps) just to define the depth and appearance of the structure. Along with me I shall bring my camera to take referential photos which I will use for capturing zoomed-in details. Once I've done several sketches of each space I found interesting, I will focus on 5 of them and shall draw the final pieces of design along with color, shadow, texture, and firm coherent lines. With this tactic, I believe that I will firmly broaden my perspective on drawing scenes (seeing as most of my past ones have been ambiguously presented) and shall not limit my possibilities in exploration of versatile scenes, as different spaces have different tones in background atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment