Monday 6 March 2017

Responsive: Collaborative Practice - Ideas and Work Discontinued

With our time running out but our work pressing on, several ideas we had were discontinued alongside some work casted aside. As mentioned in my previous post, we were considering designing a pig mascot to envelop the mischievous demeanor of their free-spirited brand. However, due to our team discussing their already firmly-established brand design and how it fits their point of sale as well as their spirit, we decided to discontinue the initial pig design I made - the aesthetic of the style of the brand and my drawing does not match. Instead, innovation being evolutionary and not revolutionary, everything we've synthesized so far has been building upon the foundation Orchard Pig has already set, taking into consideration the elements pre-packed with their brief (which I believe is a hint that we are to build upon what they already have). Upon this point, conceding from today's meet up with my team (with Tom unfortunately not joining us in person due to booking agents' inconveniences), we decided to cast away the animation and finalize this project with an app (named OrchApp, for now) that displays all pubs with the cider, that gathers points together to reward loyal customers with the pig hoof pint I designed, and tho invigorate the users with socializing drinking games. With Alex briefing us this idea, once he explained it into detail, I immediately loved the synthesis it would provide with our separate works being blended into one. Alex Zorita has taken the art direction role by accident in this project, which is something I haven't experienced in a team before - being guided by a fellow practitioner. I also had a concept of a pig-ear bottle opener that I don't believe I will have the time to make, ergo, discontinued.


No comments:

Post a Comment