Sunday 1 January 2017

Responsive - 11 Second Club - Reflection and Finished Animation

Finishing the animation on the day of the deadline made me realize the stress I accumulate when I stray away from a safe routine of practice. With all the other obligations casting a shadow over me, I could not have a flexible worktime and instead had to plan it accordingly. Furthermore, I could not thoroughly invest myself in this project due to social factors, as I have experienced a heavy flux of stress as I arrived in Macedonia due to family problems, along with the inconveniences with my computer. I feel that I could have made this animation a lot better had I no peripheral problems that added to my sense of uneasiness. However, I learned that external factors can always jeopardize practice but must not prevent it. Once I finished the animation, I became instantly critical because I could evidence the rushing mistakes solely through the aesthetic. Some pieces of grain from the edited frames I had not removed, however, had no time left to fix them, insinuating that I should always aim to finish projects several days before the deadline in order to add finesse and final touches. Another mistake I made was the inconsistency of color between shots of Marx where in the second scene his clothes are slightly darker. From this I learned that I am to stick to one scene until its completion or to broaden my perspectives when planning - pre-production. I believe that I wouldn't have made this mistake if I had more time need I not rush, hence, I am incapable of working under pressure. Overall, I consider this particular project a big lesson in time management as well as coping under stressful situations. That being said, I shall stop "beating around the bush" as next animation projects come along because the unexpected may always strike.

Difference in color between scenes - inconsistency

No comments:

Post a Comment