Saturday 26 November 2016

Responsive - Finishing Animation - Loop de Loop

I have finished my first Responsive task, and inadvertently my first online animation submission. It is the first time I have entered an animation competition and I believe that with this I have successfully broken the ice in terms of confidence - more challenges and contests soon to be entered. Furthermore, I am quite elated that I was able to accordingly factor in this project alongside other college briefs without being overwhelmed or stressed, which calls for effective time management - something I truly value (submission date was 27th of November). Although this was the case, I do believe that I would need to plan out which days in advance I will solely focus on one project, and which days on another, just so that I don't procrastinate by giving myself invalid reasons and excuses. Although I have uploaded my loop onto Vimeo and have sent it to loopdeloop.org, it still hasn't popped up on their website. Even if it does not qualify, I am hoping to receive feedback from Loop de Loop about my animation - why did/didn't it qualify, have I met all the requirements gracefully, does it pertain quality? I have found that critical feedback of my work does infuse me with motivation as much as challenges do (along with strict deadlines). Setting this aside now as being completed, I will most probably tackle Do It In 10 or 11 Second Club as one of the more major individual responsive briefs seeing as I will have much time this winter with our Animation 1 module ending on December 9th, unlike last year where I had to work on the same module during the winter with the submission being after the holidays. Even though I am quite satisfied with the outcome, I've learned a valuable lesson with this animation: ALWAYS WATCH OUT FOR CONSISTENT FRAME RATES. In other words, with me animating this in Photoshop (in 29,97 fps) but editing it in After Effects (in 24 fps), some of the frames of the animation did not render out and became missing, being drastically detrimental to the smoothness of the animation. I could have avoided such a confounding mistake, however, a clever animator learns from his mistakes and NEVER repeats them.

Loop de Loop - Breakfast - https://vimeo.com/192971257

UPDATE - 29.11.2016:
I have received feedback from contacting Loop De Loop due to my skeptical demeanor of my animation not getting qualified. Personally, I believe that me contacting them was the right move hence it helped me diminish paranoia.



No comments:

Post a Comment