Monday 28 November 2016

Animation 1: Character & Narrative Weekly Summary 8

Second verse, same as the first. This week also consisted of the continuation of the composition of the scenes, along with some additional animation for my character's face and movements. Revisiting some of the old scenes that I was making last week, I added a few changes that beautified the scenes, and with Jay slowly getting to create some of the assets (like the pills, bottles, and syringe) in 3D instead of 2D like me, the mise-en-scene of the animation is getting more full and complete. Nevertheless, I can pinpoint the scenes I've been working on this week easily as I have a separate After Effects file for every scene for the sake of organization and simplicity. With Jay having the lighthouse collapsing done, I greenscreened the original video using Keylight 2.1 in After Effects (something I picked up from last year's inductions) and placed it in the scene while giving 2/3 of perspective with the Duik animation of my character emerging from the water. With this scene, I believe that the motion blur of Seth adds to the illusion of speed, whereas the Ease-In keyframes allow for a smooth sinking movement. Also, with Jay's character animation being underway and nearly completed, I focused on the scenes where our characters interact, such as when Seth coughs from the Succubus' smoke. Because the face animation of this scene is created separately, I used Time Remapping to match the and sync the movement of the chest with the face so that it may connote a cough. I'm actually quite amazed at how every problem so far I've been solving through trial-and-error and quick online tutorials, which is where I learned Time Remapping, 3D Layers, etc. However, I believe that there is a better way to craft scenes and although I've managed to pull off the illusion of perspective, I can research more into every effect within After Effects to further the elaboration of scene. For example, the technique I am using for making the water can only function horizontally, and wherever there is a scene that requires the torrent of the water to be of a different angle, I must use a 3D Layer to tilt it, which inadvertently exposes the flatness of the image a bit. Nevertheless, the final scene I made was the actual first scene so that I may see whether the plentifulness of the items and assets in the sea would give off that cramped sense that the space is desolate yet difficult to maneuver through.


No comments:

Post a Comment