Monday 14 November 2016

Animation 1: Character & Narrative Weekly Summary 6


This week was amongst the most productive once hence I primarily focused on Character & Narrative considering I became a bit paranoid at the passage of time (although I am on top of my work). Nevertheless, this week had been flexible in that I worked on details and animations for my animation from A to Z and made quite prolific progress. In terms of animation, I rigged Seth while rowing and animated his movement. I ran into some problems in terms of how to layer him holding the paddle, but got round that naturally through trial-and-error. Furthermore, I animated his silhouette during when he is pulling out the telescope, as well as creating and animating the telescope POV vignette for when he is to look through the glass. By using the eclectic tools in After Effects, I made the telescope mildly shaky to contemplate the waves that surround Seth, effectively improving the synthesis of the environment and the character and by doing so improving the narrative, as well. Just to add a bit of detail to the environment, I created a wine bottle and injection that facilitate the symbolism of addiction even further, all assets that are going to be used once I start properly laying out the scene (next week). Other than that, I began creating Seth's face for other poses, such as when he is rowing and when he encounters the succubus. I tried to grasp his emotion by exaggerating his facial features with thick/thin plentiful lines, as well as converging his pupils. All in all, I believe that I got the gist of the emotional translation and his face would perfectly depict his feelings about the situation once the animation gets lined together. Finally, I created the layering for the water which I will mold and shape based on the bed-boat on which Seth will venture once we render it out. Unfortunately, the UV Maps that I textured did not imprint on the lighthouse as visualized. Nevertheless, it was still good practice and a mistake that we can learn from - considering that they were too detailed as well and might have not blended well with the whole aesthetic of the environment.





No comments:

Post a Comment