Saturday 12 December 2015

The Other Side - Developmental Stages: Creation of Backgrounds

Taking into consideration that the main emphasis of my future animation will be placed on the actions occurring in the foreground, as well as the midground, I altered images for my background. My background is extremely minimalistic, as it is the embrace of the cosmos, thus, I thought that I needed not to elaborate on the details. Seeing that there will be rockets, levitating islands, and ambiguous creatures in the background, I considered making the background posterized (on 9 levels, to be exact), as I want it to differentiate from the rest of the animation (as that part will be graphically-drawn). I took an image of space, rendered and altered it through Photoshop, and for the fast-moving scene added a motion blur - the background will be animated at all times, hence I despise static backgrounds as I consider them to take away from the vivacity of movement within the animation.


No comments:

Post a Comment