Monday 11 April 2016

Another Dimension: Maya - Object

Following up to the previous section where we are required to create a truck model, now it's time to let our imagination run wild by attempting to create an object with the knowledge we've acquired of Maya so far. Initially thinking that I will make something as simple as a bottle, I digressed by adding a little pizzazz to the shape of a bottle, making it into a rocket. With a little assistance from one of my peers, one who's much more proficient in the software than me, I was able to both learn a few things about the interface of Maya and to make a next level model interpolated with colors, as well. As I stated, initially I started making a liquor bottle, but strayed away the moment I extruded the vertex of a cone, which accounted for a sun-shaped form consisting of many sharp edges, which instantly reminded me of the bottom exhaust of a rocket. Thus, with this, I had a visualization of how I wanted my rocket to look like and proceeded to reference the notes I made on how to access the move tool, scale tool, and the conventions that alter the meshes of all polygons. All of this refreshed my knowledge of Maya, for it had been a while since I had used it (didn't use it during the break and holidays). Once the rocket had been made, I played around with the rendering software and referenced an online tutorial on how to change the background to while, ultimately finding out that it can be altered by editing the camera settings' environment. Exported with Mental Rey, I sought for the rocket's assemblages of shapes to NOT overlap as these 3D models can extrude and protrude into one another. Overall, I'm satisfied with my rocket as through its development I absorbed a level of flexibility when tinkering with the program, only to be augmented as these following sessions flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment