Wednesday 6 April 2016

A Tale In The Sting: Design Plan

As now the idea has been solidified, I created a small design plan that envelops the materials I'll use for making the set, which ones, the layout of all of them, and the structuring of the light source and characters. With this, I wanted to organize my process of animation by structuring my ideas in a coherent piece (otherwise I would have lost the ideas). In the design plan I arranged the placement and layout of all elements and characters, according to which I'll craft the set. For the debris and environmental objects and elements I'll use different plants with which I will set the mis-en-scene, whereas I will place (most probably a miniature tree) an object in the upper left corner of the scene, to have a distinguishable protruding "landmark" that will bind the space together, in a way, tying it all together. In my design plan I also wrote down the paradigmatic appearance of all four characters, for their clothing has a similar tone as in the book (all suit-tie styles of how men in 1930 dressed). Another insight into how I am to dress the characters came from the movie adaptation of Waiting for Godot by Michael Lindsay-Hogg, where I observed the characters' dress code and based this one revolving around that one. For lighting, I will most probably use one light, all depending on how the shadows will form around the characters and debris, for I think they would be a great addition to the atmosphere.

Waiting for Godot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXmdTUfsfmI

No comments:

Post a Comment