Tuesday 5 April 2016

A Tale In The Sting: Interim Crit

With this Interim Crit, I was given coherent and plentiful feedback on the processes of documentation, for this animation (due to it being stop-motion) cannot possibly follow the conventional steps of pre-production, production, and post-production. Every little bit of the creative procedure: stage design, creation of props, choice of music and sound effects, and most important - character design - is to be done right before animating. In other words, I could not design the characters as they are to be Lego figures and clay creatures, however, I can do so the moment I start creating the set. One of my peers pointed out to the rotoscope 2D animation that I will do on top of the stop-motion and asked me the question: what would it envelop? Initially considering to make a dark aura around the clay creatures, due to the dark and atmospheric lighting of the animation, my peer pointed out that this might be inconvenient as it would only darken the creatures beyond visibility. Taking this constructive piece of feedback into consideration, I have changed the coordinates of the 2D animation in terms that I will add a light aura around the creatures, making them both more emphasized in contrast and reminiscent of a godly power (as is what my interpretation revolves around). A successful crit gives one motivation for improvement and development, as the steps towards animation begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment