Sunday 30 October 2016

Animation 1: Character & Narrative Weekly Summary 4

Front view of Seth w/ guides
This week consisted of a lot of discussions and resolutions to potential problems that might erupt during the full-fledged production process. After the deliverance of the Interim Crit, me and Jay considered to apprehend minor alterations to our original story - eliminating the unnecessary meticulousness of some of the scenes. First off, we figured that the original idea I had for the POV telescope scene did NOT add to the narrative but was purely aesthetic (a blink shifting the point of view) and would consume necessary time. Taking our tutors' comments into account, we just decided on modifying the scene in such a manner that it does not complicate the flow of the story or the audience: a paralaxing POV that glides to the scene and introduces the island and lighthouse effectively. In a parallel, I designed the full front view of my character and had to scale some of his limbs (including the head) down in order to match the first design of the profile character for the sake of consistency. However, I believe that the most sustainable progress we've made is the full elaboration on every asset of every scene. In other words, we know how which element shall be made as we have outsourced and divided the work for a more flexible flow: I model the ocean and how it interacts with the debris and characters, whereas Jay models the 3D assets (and then allows me to design the textures for the UV maps). In order to grasp a visualization of how the water is going to overlap the elements of the animation, I made a placeholder test of After Effects edited movement of water (already elaborated upon in the second "Research" post). Next week is going to mark the proper immersion of production as this week was also packed with tasks from different modules (that I'm sure everyone had to attend to) for which I had to divide my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment