Saturday 3 March 2018

Extended Practice: Collaborators

Even though this project is generally a solo work of mine, I still have collaborators working on it with me - nothing that's animation. Initially, Ana-Marija Simeska from Macedonia, Skopje is doing the background designs. In order for them to be symbiotic with the animation and perspective of shots through Skype me and Ana-Marija analyzed and wrote down how many iterations there are to be used in total, which backgrounds could be re-used, and which perspectives are based on the shots. Conclusively, because I am not that skilled at drawing environments I outsourced it to a collaborator. Although I believe I could draw the backgrounds for Pact, they would take quite a bit of time as I would keep correcting the perspective and the style in order to get it "right".

In terms of soundscaping, music student and musician Ryan Scott has taken the course of creating the background music for my animation, with scenes being respectively presented with their own soundtrack. Some shall bathe in an absence of music, fitting to the tone. He will uptake as much as he can for the soundtracks, whereas the rest will either be filled with royalty free music, already created music from friends of mine back home, and even some ambient tracks will be mine, all effectively evading any copyright if this were to go to a festival (which is something I plan on).

Finally, the voices of the characters are based on college peers. I felt that there is vocal acting potential in some of my peers, which is why I picked them separately based on who I thought would fit the character(s). Hiring voice actors outside of college would present an injunction in time: limited time means prioritizing. If this animation were to be of a more free, non-confined nature, I'd have a lot more time to take feasible risks at acquiring external voice actors.

Robert - Vladimir Voinovski
Doug - Max Ardron
Darryl - Steven Tran
Ralph - Christopher Hoare

These are the main voices of the characters, whereas the supporting ones are of me and several other peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment