Wednesday 18 October 2017

Loop De Loop: Love is Love - Initial Production and Mind Map

Love is Love is quite a ubiquitous theme, so I dedicated this loop to the love I have towards my best friend, Alexander. Considering this is a small brief, I discarded unnecessary pre-production conventions such as storyboards and instead only devised a mind map that narrowed down my decision. Initially I was thinking of the rule of "the golden 3" where I visually represent three concepts I love, then I jotted down what I love and for a sake of simplicity I chose the love of friendship as a focus. I wrote down memories and moments we've had that fortify our relationship and then crossed the ones I deemed unnecessary and created a small treatment with the remainder. Due to my COP research into Yugoslavian avant-garde animation, I wished to experiment with digital pastel brushes to shift the aesthetic and experiment. I spent a day drawing different simple characters in Photoshop based on my iterations of 5 simple-shaped characters in my sketchbook. Spontaneously, as I was animating I was relying on a straight-ahead technique to make things more creative considering this is that kind of a challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment