Sunday 12 February 2017

Responsive: Collaborative Practice - Initial Beginnings

The collaborative practice officially began with my submission of my creative slides that were to garner someone's attention during the interdisciplinary "mish-mash". However, as we were instructed to leave our names out of the slides and a technical and mistaken difficulty occurred during the presentation, no one caught my name. Luckily, since they were the last one screened I was able to use that as a reel when discussing with other creatives. During the latter part of the session I oscillated around the rooms and sat next to the tables of every brief that I analyzed and liked, unfortunately, found out that the majority of the students were very indecisive and I could not form a group as easily as others did. However, like a diamond in the rough, I found a very inspired and motivated graphic designer that had his heart set on the Orchard Pig, and it was this very enthusiasm that instantly made me form a duo with him. We sprawled around the room together trying to find more people, however, everyone was either too unsure or too narrow in terms of desires of what to do, despite us explaining the brief in depth. Nevertheless, me and Alex Santana formed the duo and after a second failure at acquiring a bigger team during an unofficial mish-mash, we set out to do it duo style presuming that our mutual interest and skill would push us through the module with a promising guidance driven by motivation. During our initial meet-up, me and Alex brainstormed several ideas that we are to put together coherently tomorrow as we are going for a multi-media extravaganza pack of a submission in order to level the competition, since the brief is not specific on what can be delivered. We analyzed the main criteria, the target audience, as well as Orchard Pig's background and principles in order to get a full understanding of what we are supposed to grasp with our project. Once we dispersed, I went home to do additional research on Orchard Pig and their aesthetic and demeanor with how they want to present their cider. They gave me the impression of a bon vivant free-spirited soul rooted in the party mentality. Furthermore, they are quite concise in describing every single product they have, giving me the impression of simplicity in having fun. The ideas we had were: a promotional video, a pig-legged cozy, a pig mascot in front of pubs, and tab stickers, however these are broad and solely brainstormed - the first creative step shall be taken tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment