Friday 4 May 2018

Extended Practice: Art Book Design and Reflection

Upon the sudden and abrupt shift of the art book's focal point, I decided on refining it based on the entirety of the art, idea, and immersion of my animation "Pact". Previously it was supposed to focus on the pre-production if I'm not mistaken, and due to the inferred substitute it became to blog posting but ultimately not realizing its initial purpose I have decided to make it visually appealing for potential readers. Yes, it does include a myriad of pre-productive works, but only those that envelope the personal methods and techniques of how I made it (or shall make it) be what it is. With the extremely didactic After Effects induction sessions, I have learned how to use the program accordingly and adhere to the art of geometrical layout and interrelation of objects instead of just placing images and text that looks accurate solely by my eye. Finally, the art book outlines the lack of backgrounds and the need to reinvent the space and realm of the film, which would involve a more sturdy and ambitious collaboration with a background artist. Ultimately, one learns best from mistakes and it is these inconveniences that increase an artist's astuteness in who to collaborate with - artists with integrity.





I am extremely satisfied with both the printed and my digital outcome. I did not believe that my first printed design would look so immaculate, or at least in my eyes. Goes to show that along the pathway of this course I have learned profusely not only about animation, but also design, among other multimedia skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment