Sunday 4 December 2016

Responsive - Considerations - 11 Second Club

As I ruminated before - the desire remains: I am going to enter this month's 11 Second Club. Based on the soundfile that I heard posted on their website, and given that I do not know which film it is from, I thought of several sketches with my own made context for the animation. However, the most important part I believe is the medium of choice, henceforth I am still in the experimental mentality of trying out new techniques I have never done before. Nevertheless, I must consider the limitations before me, both technical and situational, for the technique I had a fix idea on was traditional animation with watercolor. Because I am heading back to Macedonia with a limited array of luggage items, I have decided that I am not going to do watercolor for I do not have a lightbox home and am fearful of breaking one if I buy and choose to put it through travel. Thus, with stop-motion being a ubiquitous olden choice of mine, I was swept by inspiration as I was looking at one of my peers' animation - rotoscoping. I've never done full body rotoscoping which is why I wanna try it out with an awareness of possible mistakes - from which I will learn. Heading back to the dialogue, with it ending on a loose end ("there is one more thing...") I will be able to end my animation with an allusion or insinuation that is to foretell the following action through anticipation within the audience's mind, which would break the insipidity of most of the animations' visual context I've seen during the previous months of the challenge. Not discarding my desire for watercolor traditional animation, I believe that I will tackle the next animation brief through this technique, or perhaps will do so with one of the major collaborative briefs following the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment